Wednesday 3 December 2014

Unit 32 Assignment 2 - Production Diary

I started doing my mind map thinking about what kind of things 16-25 year olds like to do so I could get a bit of an idea of how to target them in my ident.

I have a rough idea in my head about how I could do the ident that will introduce the 'best of' music video countdowns. Using old albums from the 80's/70's and 60's that I have at home to to form the letter 4 and then use post production to make the ITV curved font letter appear before the number 4.

Looked at 4Music and VIVA, Viva didn't make much sense and 4Music was a bit missleading. The colours of 4Music are quite neon-y and the colours of Viva are quite dark with bits of bright colour

Finished writing about the target audience for everything.

Did rough ideas for the 3 idents using mindmaps. Quite fast paced action on screen for all of them.

Started my actual ideas for the 3 idents. Did an in-depth explanation as to what the idents would include, did collages of each of the idents with explanations underneath.

Finished the three storyboards for my idents used an online storyboard maker.

Decided I'm going to make the filmed argument reality TV ident because filming is a strength of mine. The ident is gonna be quite fast paced

Had a bit of trouble finding cast to do it and ended up finding some people last minute having to film inside college instead of in a house which is where I originally wanted to do it.

Finished filming, didn't take long. Did multiple takes so I had plenty of footage of the argument scene.

Filmed an extra bit where someone filmed me looking at my camera and then realising there was an argument then standing up and having the camera switch to my camera like a first person view.

Started the edit. Put everything in order, decided the extra shot bits doesn't look great so I deleted it.

Searched for suspenseful background music to have playing at the start as I run up the stairs. Got more sound effects for the ident.

Searched for a tutorial to find out different ways to animate my logo. Decided to do a glitchy type logo on after effects to kind of show that it's just been 'hit onto the screen' as one of the cast members ended the filmed section by putting their hand on the screen.

The animation was quite easy because I was just following a tutorial along. Didn't have any problems, finished the logo animation in about 20 minutes.

Put the animation into my ident at the end.

Recorded the voiceover "Up next on ITV we've got the osbournes then at 10 we've got Run's house"

Was told I need to make just a few changes to my ident.

Colour corrected the whole ident making it brighter as it was just a little bit dark. Then put a filter on the start and end of the filmed bits where it made it glow.

Then made the logo freeze frame at the end instead of just glitching off screen so people can focus on the logo more

Re-filmed the voice over to include the word 'music' after ITV.

Finished and exported my ident.

1 comment: