Tuesday 21 October 2014

Unit 23/4 assignment 2 - Individual proposal 1

Topic/Issue: News show informing of weird news stories. Similar to the popular Phillip DeFranco show on YouTube but focusing on Gaming?(?) (Or a more broad topic) I want to inform people in a fun way. There will be an 'idiot of the week' where we show a VT of someone doing something mind numbingly stupid. We could mix it in with a small review of something big that's been released during the week? (Or a music video review? But not a very good one.) 


Set




Producer


Themes




Research the target audience: My idea is taking bits from an online web show. The Phillip DeFranco show. The kinds of people that watch that are ages from about 15+ to any ages after that up till about 50 years old. I know that my idea would be popular with said ages because because the viewing figures are from all of those ages.

Another show that is loosely similar to the show that I want to make is 'Have I Got News for You' This show is loosely similar because it portrays news in a funny way. Making it enjoyable but also informative. I know that my idea would fit who I'm trying to target because the viewing figures for Have I Got News For You, show this. The people who mainly watch Have I Got News For You range from Teenagers to Adults. I want to make a similar show, so this shows that my show would fit those viewing figures and appeal to the people I'm trying to target.

Constraints: The set might be an issue for our production. I don't want to just green screen everything I kind of want to make it like a homey type set. So this would require bringing in like comfy chairs and stuff. We might not have enough room. I'll overcome this by scouring everywhere for things that will fit in the studio and still give off the look that I want.


Genre: The type of programme I'm making is a comedy news programme. Typical conventions of a comedy programme are :

  • Brightly coloured set. 
  • Quite lively hosts. 
  • The camera is usually quite free and moves around with the characters, although I think my camera will be stationary as the host is presenting to the audience, either that or they'll turn to one camera and then it cuts to them as they face another camera. 
  • Sarcasm when the host is speaking seen as this is a news show.

In mine we'll get the host being super sarcastic and giving his real opinions on these news stories or when they are telling these news stories. We'll also have a weirdo of the week where they show someone being stupid or something in public. Then they will make fun of that. We'll get the camera angles to keep switching when they go on to tell a different story, like they'll face a different camera and it will cut to that when they goes to face it. 


Guests/Crew needed Make a list of people you will need in the studio (presenter, participants, vision mixer, camera operators, number of microphones) What sort of people would you need to be in the programme?

Guests/Crew needed: 

  • Presenter (one or two)
  • Vision mixer
  • Camera operators
  • One mic or two.
I would need one/two sarcastic naturally funny presenter(s) 

VT Needed: In the segment 'Weirdo of the week' we could film someone doing something stupid in public and then use that VT in the show. 

Outline structure:

  • Introduction "Hello and welcome to _______ my name is _____ and this week ______
  • Jump into the first news story make sarcastic comment talk to the camera maybe rhetorical questions to make fun of the news story. 
  • Turn to the next camera talk about another news story maybe show a clip of said news story. 
  • Turn to the next camera talk about the last news story, more sarcasm, funny humour etc.
  • Introduce weirdo of the week explain it (As if they explain it every week) then show the VT
  • Maybe do one more news story that's quite big or talk about releases coming out in the next month (Games??) Maybe review something(?) 
  • Exit, "This has been _____ with me ______ good bye and see you next week"

No comments:

Post a Comment